ARK, 21Shares Staff Up for Bitcoin Futures ETF Utility to SEC
Cathie Woods ARK Investment Management and investment product firm 21Shares are part of a new filing with the US Securities and Exchange Commission to list an exchange-traded Bitcoin futures fund (ETF).
- The filing on Wednesday was filed by Alpha Architect ETF Trust, with 21Shares listed as a sub-advisor to the fund.
- ARK Investment will provide marketing support, but will not make investment decisions or give investment advice, according to the submission.
- If the application is successful, the ARK 21Shares Bitcoin Futures Strategy ETF will be listed on the Cboe BZX Exchange under the ticker symbol “ARKA”.
- ARK and 21Shares previously joined the race for approval of a Bitcoin ETF and filed with the SEC in June to list the “ARK 21Shares Bitcoin ETF”.
- With no ETF that invests directly in Bitcoin yet approved by the US market regulator, despite more than a dozen applications this year alone, attention has been drawn to funds that are gaining approval to invest in the Bitcoin futures market.
Read more: What is a Bitcoin Futures ETF?